Listen to this Blog
Over the next five days we are seeking to accomplish the following:
1. Provide you with a thorough understanding of the basics of commodity trading.
2. Understand the leverage and risk inherit in the futures markets.
3. Understand the development of futures markets as hedging tools.
4. Understand the global variety and depth of futures trading.
5. Build and operate our own futures exchange.
6. Understand various career paths associated with the futures markets.
APPLY FOR YOUR JOB HERE
Over the next few days through presentations, guest speakers, and other means we will attempt to accomplish the above mentioned goals. You will be called upon and to think and act. You will succeed. Futures trading is a cut throat world of raw capitalism. Every day at exchanges all over the world some of the world’s best and brightest minds wage war against each other. Some trade their own money. Others trade funds of investment pools. Others are looking only to hedge their costs to lock in operating profit spreads. It’s a winner take all world where the bravest and quickest are either rich or broke by the end of the day. In the end the consumer benefits. Or do they? Checkout the videos below to get a taste of what you are in for from the new movie floored coming out next year.
From the new movie "Floored" - planned release in 2009
This next one is from the opening of trading on the MGEX. Around the opening bell at 1:00 in it gets interesting.
And futures trading has even made it into some popular movies. I don't think any of you were alive when this one came out.
Recent market volatility is bringing more attention to commodities markets
Leave a comment. What did you think of the videos? What was the most interesting part? Have you ever been to an exchange before?